The Rural Center's Advocacy Agenda, Rural Counts: 10 Strategies for Rural North Carolina's Future, is the product of closely listening to North Carolinian's and deeply researching the issues. The 10-point plan reflects what we heard directly from you. It is offered in the best North Carolina tradition of partnership and collaboration and represents a determination to meet our rural future head-on. It is an example of our deep belief that we are one state that we must move forward together.
- Learn about the Rural Counts strategy with this foldable, one-page summary of the 10 Strategies. Distribute far and wide!
- Dig deeper into the 10 Strategies For Rural North Carolina's Future to learn more about the issues.
- Register as a Rural Counts Advocate to endorse the strategies and receive updates about how you can get involved.
- Check out this list of 10 ways that you can show your support for Rural Counts.
- To request a Rural Center speaker to talk to your group about Rural Counts, please write to John Coggin, Director of Advocacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking News: American Health Care Bill Prepared for House Vote on March 24, 2017, click here to read more.
Take your advocacy to the next level:
- Check out our guide to the policy-changing process.
- See our list with contact info for each member of the N.C. Congressional Delegation, along with a guide to the federal appropriations process and a 2017 Congressional calendar.
- Read our 2017 advocacy priorities for the 2017 session of the N.C. General Assembly.
- Throughout the General Assembly session, the Rural Center will be maintaining a Bill Tracker for legislation pertaining to the 10 Rural Counts Strategies. This tracker will help you quickly identify legislation around issues important to you.
- Review North Carolina's lobbying law.
- And then visit the N.C. General Assembly website to find contact information for your state Representative and Senator. Tell them that Rural Counts.
Director of Advocacy