Information for lenders
N.C. Loan Participation Program
See a list of participating lenders.
The N.C. Loan Participation Program helps lenders make more business loans. Typical loans in the program range from $150,000 to $1.5 million.
By purchasing up to 15 percent of an eligible loan (to a maximum of $200,000) the program allows you to reduce your risk while extending credit to eligible businesses.
Lenders that work with the Loan Participation Program appreciate our dedication to fast decisions and procedural ease. The process:
- A signed master participation agreement covers the responsibilities of both the lender and the Rural Center.
- The lender indentifies the loans.
- The lender shares underwriting analysis with the Rural Center.
- The Rural Center evaluates credit and issues a commitment to buy a stake in the loan.
- The lender closes the loan and sells a position to the Rural Center.
- Standard lender fees may be shared pro rata.
- There are no additional fees to use this program.
- The lender services the loan and shares proportional principal and interest payments with the Rural Center.
Loan forms (PDF)
Loan forms (Word Doc)
Central North Carolina
N.C. Rural Economic Development Center
4021 Carya Drive
Raleigh, NC 27610