With the support of a generous grant from the American Red Cross, and in partnership with the North Carolina Office of Recovery & Resiliency, the NC Rural Center is excited to announce an introductory series of four FREE webinars during the month of October on community resilience to natural disasters.
Participating rural leaders will learn:
- Key concepts that distinguish resilience strategies from natural disaster recovery practices
- The climatic and economic conditions that make adaptation of resilience strategies so critical
- Practical resilience strateigies communities can adopt
- Principles and practices for inclusionary planning
- Strategies to address the ongoing needs of rural leaders so they too can be as resilient as their communities
We encourage you to participate in all four of these 75-minute sessions.
Each session will conclude with time to ask questions of presenters.